Saturday, June 4, 2011

laura: a mega thrift store rampage

I love thrift store shopping. In fact, recently I have sworn off buying anything from a mall - instead, I have made Value Village my permanent residence. There's something ecstatically exciting about finding a random object or unique piece of clothing at a thrift store and recreating it into something new. 

Anyway, I was with my friend a few weeks back and I happened to be walking by this thrift store that looks like it used to be a small town church. I promptly dragged my reluctant friend inside and started looking through all the racks while he mass-texted "HELP ME..." to all his other friends on his Blackberry.

Everything in the store was ridiculously cheap - belts were $1 and shirts were $1-3. In the end, I spent $10 and walked out with the following purchases:

a navy and gold high-waisted belt...
a white silk blouse that probably belonged to a sea captain at some point in time and the lace curtains behind it (they only cost $4!)...
a random pin (that goes along with the whole nautical theme that seems to be surfacing)...
a heart pin which I thought was cool because it's got some Spiderman design going on...
a bluebird pin that reminds me of those cartoon birds singing to a princess in an enchanted Disney forest...
and my favourite - a polka dot and lace cardigan...

... which you might recognize from THIS picture!

Best $10 I've spent in awhile!


2 comments:

  1. cool! is this thrift store in vancouver?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no... STEVESTON! it's the one that never seems to be open, across from Ichiro.

    ReplyDelete