Thursday, June 9, 2011

laura: hey kroshayyyyy

I woke up this morning and saw Amanda's lovely post on crochet and promptly decided I needed to put on something crochet-ish. I feel like the word crochet would be cooler if it was spelled KROSHAY. I mean, how would you pronounce the word "crochet" if you just sounded it out in English? CROTCH-IT.  Am I right? Anyway, total random aside.

Currently, I'm liking the look of crochet shorts, like these ones I found randomly on Google. 
You can buy them here.
 But since I'm on a self-inflicted shopping ban, I decided to bust out my "crochet" vest. 
I'm working with what I've got. =)

My hair is so messy. I am contemplating getting a haircut. Long hair is just so hard to maintain (maybe if I started brushing it once in awhile...). Usually I end up cutting it myself in a spur of the moment urge. We'll see what happens.


leafy-printed dress, brown leather bag and belt - vintage
crochet vest - Ross (from Portland!) 
hat - random stall in the middle of Landsdowne Mall 
leaf ring - Aldo (a gift from someone who has good taste!) haha

Random outfit facts:
1) The dress is vintage but I think the tag says JACOB. It's weird because I don't see this as a very "Jacob" dress. Maybe it's just me.
2) The hat was bought from an Asian lady at a shady stall selling those full-faced black solar visors that make you look like Darth Vader. At these types of places, they never have price tags on anything. I'm not good at bargaining but she gave the hat to me for $4. I like it, except all the pearls in the middle of the flowers fell off right when I got home.


Okay, now tell me, what kind of shoes would you wear with this outfit? Talk to me, people =) 

3 comments:

  1. one of your pairs of brown sandals :) am i right? is that what you paired it with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah what grace said. or those white flats orrr you should get THESE:

    http://www.google.ca/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://www.thehandbook.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Topshop-cream-crochet-pair-h.jpg&sa=X&ei=gUvyTeq2GsTgiAK1ndDqBw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGtqMVaYXPQVwmo5rvqeoSXMy56iw

    ReplyDelete