Thursday, September 22, 2011

amanda: NYFashion week - Hervé Léger, Oscar de la Renta, Rodarte

So It's been a week since the end of New York Fashion Week. I've spent a lot of time looking through the collections and I must say some designers have really surprised me and some have left me disappointed.
Of course, I want to use this blog to celebrate the good and the positive so here are some of the collections that I want to mention:

Hervé Léger by Max Azria

I've always been a fan of his work because it just amazes me how creative he can get with his signature bondage dresses. They are both sexy and edgy at the same time!



Oscar de la Renta

Oscar de la Renta never disappoints. He is just a master in what he creates every season. Did I mention I met him at Bergdoorf Goodman's on Fashion's Night Out? ;)

A lot of designers created neon yellow gowns this season, but I like how Oscar de la Renta made this one look so effortless. It makes me wanna give this bright color a try~

Rodarte 
I fell in love with one of Rodarte's famous looks a few years back at the Oscars. It was the pink gown Natalie Portman had on. It left me wanting to see more from this designer. So this is a glimpse of what he showed this year in New York. 
I love the kimono-esque silhouettes but for me, some of his other looks were a little bit too retro and tacky. 



No comments:

Post a Comment