Thursday, September 8, 2011

amanda: Fashion Week - Day 1

Today is the first day of New York Fashion Week. 
It's been an exciting morning with shows from Nicholas K, BCBGMAXAZRIA, and Richard Chai. I will be giving a brief review of a few shows each day that I loved.
Enjoy some clips from the shows and tell me what you think (aka LEAVE COMMENTS!! :P)


I have to say that Nicholoas K was my favorite in terms of wearability. I can totally see most men and women wanting to wear their clothes. Love their use of chiffon in their maxi dresses and the cool leather jackets! Don't know who the designers are behind this brand?
Designers Christopher and Nicholas Kunz are a brother-sister duo that have 
started this brand since 2003.
These are a few of my favorite looks:


Aren't those coats just fabulous? Did I mention that I'm really loving the accessories too? ;) 





I am just amazed at the craftsmanship of all these complicated, beautiful dresses that feature interesting cut-outs and fresh pops of color! To see these runway shows in better quality, check out the youtube channel: liverunway as they show each runway more than once a day!

Want twitter updates about each runway show throughout Fashion Week? Follow us on twitter!! http://twitter.com/allbeautyfull

2 comments:

  1. I agree with the wearability of Nicholas K's collection, but the colours seem a bit muted for my liking. And also, I'm not a big fan of all the layers and volumes. Kind of hobo-chic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I don't see you in all those layers either. But I happen to think that guys look better layering like that :P Did you get a chance to see Richard Chai's collection? You might like the colors in his collection more, but will you wear that pink floral print? hahah..

    ReplyDelete