Saturday, September 10, 2011

amanda: NYFashion Week - Cynthia Rowley, Jason Wu, Suno

It has been an insane few days since Fashion Week started but I really enjoy the atmosphere of New York City when everyone is so pumped about seeing the new SS12 collections!
Let me share with you a few of my favorites in the past 2 days.

Cynthia Rowley SS12


I just loved how the combination of black and gold made the whole collection look so chic and expensive!
Nobody can say no to one of Cynthia Rowley's LBDs (Little Black Dress) or LWDs (Little White Dress). The styling was just right and I just enjoyed the way the finale was done at the end. Here are a few of my favorite looks:


I notice this trend of lines and symmetry throughout various SS12 collections. What do you think of it?

Jason Wu SS12


I have always admired Jason Wu because of his ability to create a type of delicate softness in his clothes with a hard and edgy inspiration.
In this case, he was inspired by a graffiti artist KAWS and even collaborated with him to produce that beautiful floral print seen throughout this collection. Though some of the looks I felt were a bit too retro, I did like many of the cocktail dresses and gowns.
Such as these:
Yes, ladies and gentlemen. NEON is back. :)
Would you wear neon? If so, in what pieces and to what extent would you wear bright neons?

SUNO SS12
I was not very familiar with this brand before this year. But they are the new up and coming designers who are talked about everywhere!
Here's a glimpse of their talent in the new collection! For some of you who know me personally, I do have a tendency to choose white lace dresses ;)

Amazing use of prints! Behind this brand since 2008 is filmmaker Max Osterweis and designer Erin Beatty. 


 From these collections, which is YOUR FAVORITE? 
Leave us a comment!
Don't forget to follow us on twitter as we give instant updates as certain collections come down the runway: http://twitter.com/allbeautyfull


1 comment:

  1. ahh so gooodd! I love this collection.. looks too good and so beautiful. p.s. If you haven’t already.. I entered a blogger contest and I really need you to 'like' my picture.. it only takes a second. And the contest only runs until today (Friday) 3pm GMT (+1)! I'd really appreciated. here is an explanation: http://cyliaaaa.blogspot.com/2011/09/tag.html

    ReplyDelete