Wednesday, October 19, 2011

amanda: rainy days don't have to be boring

The reason why I haven't been posting in awhile is because I've been so swamped with projects (and still am).. and this new york weather is not helping. One day it's pouring, the next day it's warm sunny, then it's cold and cloudy.. it's completely unpredictable!

I just wanted to share with you about how I like to dress on rainy days.
I don't have hunter boots like every other new yorker, but I do love using boots to pull my whole outfit together.

I don't know about you, but I just love to make rainy days more interesting by wearing a fun pair of tights. Did I ever mention I had a little obsession with tights? 


For me, rainy days usually mean a comfortable pair of boots, interesting tights, and some lace. Here is only a quick snapshot of what I wore today. My knee-high suede boots, my houndstooth tights (current favorite), my lace slip, and a grey shirt dress.

Check out this awesome slideshow of this year's best tights for the fall! It makes me want to shop for more tights! :)

What do YOU wear on a rainy day? Leave us a comment below!

2 comments:

  1. it gets pretty dirty when it rains in HK, i like to wear my crocs if i really have to go out in the rain. they are ugly but who cares, i can just wash/dry them easily!! any other shoes will become not wearable after enduring a stormy rain in hk... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've bought lace-up boots since coming to HK, but they were cheap after wearing them for two weeks, the sole is already detaching from the shoe...!!!!!!!!!! =( but lace-up booties would be what i would wear... and i am currently on the search for better quality ones that will hopefully last for more than a month! haha.

    that is my little rant for today =P

    ReplyDelete