Sunday, August 28, 2011

amanda: from hurricane to fashion week





I am back in New York. Yes, it was perfect timing because my flight arrived at 7am and the airport shut down at noon in preparation for Hurricane Irene!
After a night of heavy rainfall and strong winds of 80miles/hr (sorry about the US units), I survived my first hurricane.



Now all the buzz about the hurricane is dying down because Fashion Week is starting in a week! I know, I know, New Yorkers sometimes care more about what they're wearing to face the hurricane than the damage it may cause.

 Click here to see what's in store for this season's New York Fashion Week.
I will be posting more about the runway shows as they become available. As Laura and I become busier with our own schedules, I would love to share more about what fashion is like from the point of view of a fashion design student in NYC.

Let us know what you think!!
Were you affected by this hurricane at all?
What do you want to see at fashion week?

1 comment:

  1. I'M GLAD YOU SURVIVED!!!!!!!!!!! haha... stay safe!!! (and i guess now you can keep wearing your florals and laces) ;) hahah.

    -Laura

    ReplyDelete