Thursday, March 8, 2012

laura: floral wreath inspiration

I've always loved the whimsical look of floral wreaths. I'm going to eventually make one - (once I find a place to buy silk flowers in HK... any suggestions?) - but for now, here are some images of what I intend to create.

images above from k is for kani
The ones below aren't exactly wreaths, but those floral hair decorations could be easy DIYs by super-gluing a delicate silk flower or a vintage brooch onto a sturdy hair clip.
image from Belle Magazine
...and HERE is a great tutorial by Blooming Leopold on how to make your own wreath!
All you need is some floral wire, floral tape, and silk flowers! I also thought that you could use "bark wire" as well (google it) for a woody wreath.

Floral wreaths are perfect for field-frolicking! Can't wait till the weather gets warmer!
images from google =P

No comments:

Post a Comment