Tuesday, May 31, 2011

laura: downtown adventures

My brother and I took the skytrain downtown the other day and enjoyed a rare, surprisingly sunny Vancouver afternoon in May.

I found this colourful cardigan at Value Village for $6... and I'm pretty sure the last owner was either an old lady or a middle-aged hippie. The print is just so random I love it. You can't quite see in these pictures, but I altered the bottom of the shirt so that it would hang in a more flattering manner. I used my trusty sewing scissors to cut the bottom into an asymmetrical hem so that it hung shorter in the front and draped longer in the back (I have yet to sew the edges properly so they don't fray, but I was too impatient so I wore it out anyway). 

While we were downtown, I just happened to spot another little thrift store beside a senior's home and I dragged my poor brother in with me. I came out with this crazy shirt which takes ANIMAL PRINT to a whole new level. My brother thinks it's hideous, but I've always had a particular fondness for hideous things. 
 RAWR!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment